The following content displays a map of the jobs location - Civic Offices
Apply Anytime - Social Worker in Children's Social Care
We are really proud of the benefits we are able to offer our staff here at Milton Keynes City Council, including:-
- Local Government Pension Scheme, excellent pension scheme widely regarded as one of the best available.
- 28 days annual leave per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 32 days after 5 years.
- Holiday Purchase Scheme.
- Our Professional Development Centre provides access to courses such as in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership, coaching and mentoring and access to our Smarter Learning portal
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Cashplan.
- MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings on a wide range of retail, leisure and entertainment products and services such as Pizza Express, M&S, B&Q, John Lewis and Arriva Travel.
- Blue Light Card - Employees working within Social Care can qualify for a range of discounts from national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more!
- SmartGo – Aimed at encouraging low-carbon transport and healthy lifestyle with discounted travel e.g. Halfords, Arriva, Europcar, National Railcards and Stagecoach.
- Homebuy Scheme (for eligible roles).
- Smarter working which provides the opportunity to work from various locations including from home for a proportion of your role (subject to business needs).
- A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements.
- Childcare Subsidy.
Do you remember what it was that made you become a Children’s Social Worker?
It was probably because you are passionate about helping the children who are in the most need. Ensuring they live in safety and without fear. We have a number of roles available across our team and are looking for passionate candidates to join us. This isn’t just a short term job; we are offering a long-term and rewarding career and the chance for continual professional development.
You will work in an environment where staff are supported to develop to their full potential and there are opportunities for professional development and growth at all levels. There is the ability to work autonomously whilst having support and regular supervision as well as opportunities to hold a range of cases.
So, if you feel ready to take that next career-defining step, then it’s time to Register your interest today.
We offer a £4,000 market supplement (pro rata), excellent training and career progression opportunities, flexible working including homeworking for up to 2 days a week (full time equivalent) and a suite of IT equipment to enable you to do your job effectively. Support with career progression and access to clinical supervision is provided to all employees.
We encourage and warmly welcome applications from social workers in all disciplines such as Adult Social Care and Mental Health Services.
We are in search of Social Workers who are innovative and resilient, who can bring new skills and experience to the role. In Milton Keynes, a proudly diverse city, you will be in a fortunate position to make a difference in a city where 50% of our residents are under 35
- A qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England.
- Committed to supporting children, young people and their families and has the resilience to go that extra mile to ensure they achieve their potential.
- Someone who thinks outside the box, is able to challenge and make evidenced based decisions.
- Someone who has a driving license, business insurance and can travel in and outside of Milton Keynes which may sometimes include working outside of office hours.
- Someone who is willing to work collaboratively as part of a team in sharing knowledge and supporting team development.
About The Company
Milton Keynes is a diverse, welcoming, and expanding place, built on smart ideas with even bigger plans for the future. We have world class attractions, beautiful open spaces, and a great standard of living.
Milton Keynes Council is one of the largest employers in the region, making a difference every day for local people. We’re responsible for all local government services in MK including education, housing, highways, and social services - around 240 services in all.
Our values are to be dedicated, respectful, and collaborative. If this sounds like you, join us for a stimulating and fulfilling career measured on results, and a rewarding work-life balance.